Are the following true of you?
- People rely on you to be an expert who masters important, intricate information.
- You need to learn from more information than ever before.
- You need to learn from books, papers, web pages, PDF files, videos, seminars, webinars, meetings, phone conversations, etc.
- You sometimes feel the need to print important documents for reading, but that is not practical because there is just too much of it.
- You find it challenging to find the time for deep learning.
- The ‘learning strategies’ you mastered at university (when professors set the assignments, exams and deadlines for you) do not scale to your real world needs of today.
- Software seems not to have been designed to help you distill and transform information into expert knowledge.
If so, then you are in the same boat as most experts and you can benefit from this workshop.
This workshop will help you leverage the most important tools at your disposal to extend your expertise:
- your mind,
- the knowledge of others and
In this workshop you will:
- Discover why learning with software is so difficult and what you can do to make it easy.
- Learn simple strategies that enable you to use software to learn efficiently and effectively from all kinds of documents and sources (as in point 3 above).
- Learn how to use the most potent findings of Cognitive Science to streamline your understanding, memory and application of complex information.
This workshop is designed for experts. These are not people who have merely achieved some status. As Professor Carl Bereiter put it: experts are people who continuously reinvest in learning. That is how they stay ahead of the pack. In 2011, that means productively using technology and the best of cognitive science.
After this workshop, you will be able to more productively learn from: reading with or without technology, attending workshops and meetings, consuming podcasts, audiobooks, etc. You will know what to do with that information to extend your day to day expertise. This workshop will provide you with dividends that will compound for the rest of your life. This is a workshop, like no other, in learning from technology with evidence-based principles.
Would you benefit from being an even more effective expert?
If yes, then contact us for more information on this workshop or our other services, at firstname.lastname@example.org .