I’ve been writing books while doing research at Simon Fraser University in integrative design-oriented Cognitive Science and leading CogSci Apps Corp.. My R&D and books are interrelated.
- Cognitive Productivity: Using Knowledge to Become Profoundly Effective and
- Cognitive Productivity with macOS®: 7 Principles for Getting Smarter with Knowledge.
My books are available on Leanpub and other e-bookstores. See my author profile on Leanpub.
Hook productivity app for macOS
The CogSci Apps invention, Hook productivity for macOS is based on my two Cognitive Productivity books.
What’s next book-wise?
I’m working on a third book: Discontinuities: Love, Art, Mind. That one is an edited book.
I’m also planning the following books:
- a book on “emotions”. (Well, this book will update and replace concepts of emotion.) There is much confusion in psychology, cognitive science, affective science and the public about “emotion”. Recently there have been attempts to deal with this confusion. My book will help readers model their affective and motivational mechanisms. I aim to produce a book that is equally accessible to a general readership and enlightening to cognitive and affective scientists. It is informed by conceptual analysis and integrative design-oriented research.
- a “collected technical writing” book which will contain over 50 technical documents I’ve written. Current and potential cognitive science students want to know what one can do with a degree in cognitive science. Professors need to be able to answer that question. This book will be an example of the variety of work someone who has been trained in cognitive science can do. That book will mainly be composed of technical specifications in the fields of AI, semi-conductors, Internet protocol, element management, personal learning environments, insomnia, emotion, and cognitive productivity software. I will also comment on my involvement in those fields.
- Great Contemporaries in Cognitive Science and Related Endeavours. In sum, this will be a study and tribute of beautiful minds who have tried to understand mind.