The book Cognitive Productivity with macOS®: 7 Principles for Getting Smarter with Knowledge is officially complete. However, I have been making minor changes to it. This page contains the revision history of the book, from 2018-07-14 onwards. Dates/times are Pacific.
This book is only available as an ebook, which makes sense given that it’s about learning with technology. You can buy it from Leanpub, Amazon and on Apple’s iBookstore. The Leanpub version gives you access to the book in PDF, Kindle and e-pub (Apple iBooks) formats. I also revise the Leanpub version more frequently than the others. Leanpub also gives higher author royalties.
Fixed all remaining cross-reference issues. Introduced new links. Other very minor changes.
Submitted the updated book to iBookstore. Some history here. Apple’s iTunes Producer chocked on previous versions of the epub file I tried to upload to iBookstore. And yet the iBooks app itself was able to load the epub file. Its checks mustn’t be as strict. In June, I hired a contractor on upwork to fix these issues in the epub. The contractor worked on the Leanpub output, not the Markua source. I’m running many projects, so I was only able to spend a few hours per month here and there on the iBookstore side (and I always encourage my readers to buy from Leanpub rather than iBookstore or Amazon). This week, I finally rolled up my sleeves to address the issues. Leanpub worked late into the evening yesterday to find all the issues in the Markua source, and emailed me about them. I fixed them and was able to load the file to iBookstore.
Upshot: A new iBooks version of Cognitive Productivity with macOS®: 7 Principles for Getting Smarter with Knowledge is coming soon. And going forward, the iBookstore version of this book will only be a few days behind the Leanpub version. The lag is due to Apple’s review process.
Updated sections on OmniFocus and Evernote (Principle 2, Manage Your Cognitive Life Mindfully).
- Added several hyperlinks and corrected others. Over 40 hyperlinks introduced or edited.
- very minor changes in text
Fixed issues in Principle 3, “Assess”.
- Corrected a typo
- Fixed an image, “CUP’A in Relation to Forms of Value”, which had failed to appear. (Seems to be due to a Leanpub glitch: a replacing the image with a lower resolution image fixed the problem. The issue had not been noted as dramatic in the Leanpub book generation email to me. Just burried in with a bunch of other warnings “is too wide to fit on your page. We have made it a bit narrower for you. You don’t need to take any action. This image is used in these files:[…]”)
- Added a couple of extras,
- adapted the text referring to extras, and
- corrected typos in frontmatter