I’ve been writing books while doing research at Simon Fraser University in manifold Cognitive Science and leading CogSci Apps Corp. CogSci Apps® inventions are based on my research. Stay tuned for a new CogSci Apps invention that will forever change how professionals and students interact with information.
I’ve published the first two of the following books:
- Cognitive Productivity: Using Knowledge to Become Profoundly Effective,
- Cognitive Productivity with macOS®: 7 Principles for Getting Smarter with Knowledge, and
- Discontinuities: Love, Art, Mind. (I’m editor and main author of this book).
We expect to publish the third book in 2019.
My books are available on Leanpub and other e-bookstores. See my author profile on Leanpub.
I’ve also been preparing for the following books:
- a “collected technical writing” book which will contain over 50 technical documents I’ve written. Current and potential cognitive science students want to know what one can do with a degree in cognitive science. Professors need to be able to answer that question. This book will be an example of the variety of work someone who has been trained in cognitive science can do. That book will mainly be composed of technical specifications in the fields of AI, semi-conductors, Internet protocol, element management, personal learning environments, insomnia, emotion, and cognitive productivity software. I will also comment on my involvement in those fields.
- a book on “emotions”. (Well, this book will update and replace concepts of emotion.) There is much confusion in psychology, cognitive science, affective science and the public about “emotion”. Recently there have been attempts to deal with this confusion. My book will help readers model their affective and motivational mechanisms. I aim to produce a book that is equally accessible to a general readership and enlightening to cognitive and affective scientists. It is informed by conceptual analysis and integrative design-oriented research.
- Great Contemporaries in Cognitive Science and Related Endeavours. In sum, this will be a study and tribute of beautiful minds who have tried to understand mind.
They won’t necessarily be published in the foregoing order (but then again, they probably will be).